Here are some numbers to think about;
- NSW households throw away $2.5Billion worth of food each year,
- Over $230 Million in drinks thrown out,
- Over $800 Million in fresh food thrown out,
- Over $350 Million in pre packaged and Long Life products thrown out,
- Over 300kg of food waste per household per year to landfill,
Be sure to check out the Love Food Hate Waste website for some great information, i would also like to add the following heading to go with the site, "Grow it", but its about growing the right amount.
With that in mind, take a look at the "Square Foot Gardening" principles its all about growing enough food for your family without waste, the Square foot gardening site gives some great info and tips on how to grow all your families vegetables economically and all year round.
Happy Gardening Steve